Fire engulfs New Road warehouse

fire at Newroad, fire in newroad godown

A huge fire engulfed a warehouse in New Road, Kathmandu, on Wednesday afternoon, resulting in a loss of around Rs 10 million, the owner said.​

न्यूरोडको एक भवनमा बुधबार दिउसो भएको आगलागी (हेर्नुस् भिडियो)

Posted by eKantipur on Wednesday, December 9, 2015

According to owner Anuj Kumar Khatiwada, the fire broke out in the third floor godown of a four storey building at Jhochhen, New Road at around 1pm.

Eye-witnesses said it took nearly two hours for firefighters to put out the fire. Three fire turcks were employed to fight the fire.
“The fire broke out due to electrical short circuit,” said Juddha Fire Brigade Chief Kishor Kumar Bhattarai. He blamed power overload and electrical short-circuit for the recent spate of accidental infernos in the Valley.

Source: Kathmandu post

Leave a Reply